Using a Turkey Fryer
1. Never use turkey deep fryers or outdoor cookers inside. Always find a level, preferably a concrete area to use your stainless steel model. Keep plenty of heavy-duty oven mitts and a fire extinguisher handy for safety.
2. Use oils that have a high smoke point like canola, peanut or corn oil. Typically you will need from 3.5 to 5 gallons of oil to use.
3. Injecting the turkey with your favorite marinade or adding a seasoned rub provides extra flavor and juiciness to the finished bird.
4. Follow all manufacturers' instructions and safety precautions when using outdoor turkey fryers. Use thermometers to monitor your cooking. Find quality recipes and serving ideas that will make your fried bird a hit at any gathering.
5. The turkey fryer is the true chef's ultimate toy. These are big on taste and save tons of time for tasting instead of talking about it. Standard models include a burner, lidded stock pot, poultry basket, lifter, and thermometer. A variety of upgrades exist to give you the one of your dreams.
6. If you're serious, consider a quick upgrade by purchasing a stainless steel model. Stainless steel is more resistant to rust, corrosion, and stains than other metals, thus prolonging the life of your investment.
7. Deep frying a turkey can be a dangerous endeavor. Be sure to read our Safety Tips article in order to keep you and your family safe while enjoying this southern tradition. A few simple rules: don't ever leave it unattended; always place it outdoors on a flat surface; be sure to avoid overfilling; and never allow children or pets near turkey fryers.
8. We have created a number of useful tips, guides, and recipes on the left side of our website so that it's easy for you to read all you need to know and how to use them successfully. Questions about oil? Wanna know about complementary drinks? Click, read, and enjoy, my friend.
""You never need an excuse for frying a turkey, but you do need a turkey fryer. Not knowing what to look for in a quality turkey fryer, I began an online search that led me to your site. Tons of information and a great affordable selection. In minutes I made my choice, followed the prompts, and placed my order. Within days my shiny new turkey fryer was sitting in the back yard, beckoning me to use it. Thanks for helping find the right one for me.""
-J.D., Norman, OK